Thursday, April 7, 2011

Identity

This is a rather broad subject to talk about and a rather philosophical one. Each person has their separate beliefs tied to identity and what they believe their purpose is. Our identity is what separates us from any other person or thing around us and makes us unique. While we have some attributes that make us similar we also have different ones that identify us from one another. I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to be talking about here. I am no philosopher (not even close, on any level) but to me self identity is my conciseness or awareness that says to me "I exist". Unfortunately that's all I have to make me believe. I am not a strong "believer" In really anything.  I do however question almost everything I feel should be questioned (mentally if not verbally) and Identity is one of those things. I have absolutely no idea if I actually exist, If anything actually exists. I guess I do believe that my mind exists which makes me a believer in solipsism (just looked this up btw). I feel that I am doing a very poor job at answering the question at hand and I have no Idea what to actually say. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment